“Love is as love does. Love is an act of will–namely, both an intention and an action. Will also implies choice. We do not have to love. We choose to love. ”
M. Scott Peck
Zane Drees wants to be made up of pure Love, but how can he achieve such a lofty goal?!
First, one makes beautiful objects very poorly. These include, but are not limited to: shiny things covered in dirt, cheap materials soaked with charm, teeny guys with unusual proportions, and precious, precious squares. His use of traditional hand skills to subvert global realities of waste within our post-industrial material culture, when married with a gentle care for found objects, offers potential for a future grounded in the love he seeks. This borderline obsession guides him to confront themes ranging from environmentalism to homophobia, all with the goal of finding a place to call one’s own. Hopefully guiding you a step closer yourself…
HUGE NEWS !!!
- In the words of Paula Dean, “Blue is one of God’s colors”.
- When I was little I used to sneak into my mom and dad’s office, after my mom had fallen asleep but before my dad got home from work, to go on the computer.
- When you walk in nature, your feet impress on the landscape, leaving a trail of your actions behind. But equally, the landscape is imprinting itself upon you. The journey is not made across the landscape, rather through it. The wind and rain are not elements you conquer, you are travelling alongside them over and down the mountain.
- The American Dream teaches that if you are to be worthy of love, you have to work for it, and prove the value of that work, every day of your life.
- The internet allows me to stay in contact with my family on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. The internet is not the intangible, diffracted layer of reality that I imagined as a child. It is a tool stored in thousands of computers across the world.
- If you are going to be a practicing homosexual, you have to overcome the shame of sitting on another man’s lap while his cock is out. The eroticism of your body against his is more than theoretical, it’s happening right now.
Audio sample credits:
Ana Roxanne, ~~~
Angel Olsen, Strange Cacti
Helena Celle, If I Can’t Handle Me at My Best, Then You Don’t Deserve You at Your Worst
Mixkit.co, Free Stock Sound Effects
N0THANKY0U, Acceptably Destructive Hyper Drone
Nintendo, Harvest Moon: Magical Melody
https://www.youtube.com/gotrails, Eastern bluebird call / song / sound
https://www.youtube.com/gotrails, Blue jay bird call / song / sound